Sunday 1 November 2015

My Weekend in Blackpool


Yet again I have been on my travels and this weekend I have spent it at rainy Blackpool! So my parents treated myself, boyfriend, nephew and them to a weekend away to give Joshua's parents a break and because he has never seen the Blackpool Illuminations which is a must have! 

We decided to come down the Friday morning-Sunday afternoon as we only wanted a short break away.. So I have been to Blackpool before but many many years ago when I was younger so hadn't really experienced it and taken it all in before so this time round was definately going to be great to see the whole town lit up in the evening. 
When we arrived we had a wander along the front, browsing in the small shops and by this point we had been walking for ages along the front so it had become dark and all the lights had come on, it was so lovely too see!! 


wasn't intending on going shopping whilst here but you always end up having a wander into the town centre.... A purse, 2 handbags, hair bobbles and a bun ring later (handbags are an addiction of mine) we then went for dinner which was of course going to be chips, we found a lovely eat in chippy which was fairly expensive but then realised it was 5 Star which explains everything but it was soooo worth the money, the food was delicious especially the curry sauce!!

My dad, boyfriend and me then ended up searching for a pub which was playing the Rugby as it was the final so they wanted to watch it, finally we found one and had a few drinks whilst watching the game. After this we went back to get the others and went down to the other end of the sea front to see even more illuminations (lights) which this time were more for kids so it was very exciting for my nephew & took some snaps on our new DSLR Nikon Camera which we are still slowly improving on taking pictures- haha! Pizza Hut is where we ended up going for some food which was very yummy but very very busy as it was a Saturday night as well as Halloween!! We took a final stroll along the front taking in all the pretty lights and eating some ice cream. I had a lovely time this weekend and hope to return back next year, the only down fall is that the illuminations are only on until 8th November and I would of loved them to continue through to December as it would be more magical for Christmas!! Anyway, that was a short in-sight into my fun weekend and I hope you all had a lovely one too :) 



Who else has had the chance to go to the Blackpool Illuminations, let me know your thoughts.... 

Speak Soon, love Amy xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment